All Lifehouse church services and meetings are cancelled until further notice
LCC Church Family,
Even since we visited yesterday at church about possible changes that may come as a result of the corona-virus and public health crisis, there have been many changes. As a result of the latest recommendations, our elders have decided to cancel all public services until otherwise notified. This includes youth group, Community Groups in homes or at church, Women’s and Men’s Groups, SIT, Prayer Gatherings and upcoming activities (McLellan farewell, possibly Easter service & breakfast, etc….). We don’t like to do this but feel it is necessary in submitting to our governing authorities, loving you and our neighbors well.
Though we are not able to meet publicly at this time, we do encourage the following:
1. We encourage you to have family or private worship on Sunday mornings. We hope to continue our Acts series online and have it ready on podcast form on our website each Sunday morning. So this Sunday we will cover Acts 15:36-16:15. You will also find a few discussion/application questions on our website each week related to the message that could be great discussion starters with your family. And you won’t even have to look at me!
2. We encourage you to have your own Family Prayer Gathering on Wednesdays at 5:00 p.m., or whatever works well for your family. This is what Christ followers do in the midst of crisis and what better way to model trust in the Lord to your family then to meet to pray.
3. Look for opportunities you can safely serve others who may have need. This is a great opportunity for Christ followers to rise up and bring hope and help to our neighbors. Here are just a few suggestions: Do Spring yard work for a neighbor, get groceries for an elderly person, leave little care packages at the doors of health care professionals you may know, send notes of encouragement to our shut ins, etc….).
4. Though it is important to practice social distancing at this time, you can still stay connected to people online, via texts, or even short phone conversations. This would be a great way to bring encouragement and to even pray with each other.
5. And we encourage you to continue to give to the local and global ministries of our local church. You can send your giving check to Lifehouse Community Church, PO Box 501, Oskaloosa, IA 52577. We currently are not set up to receive online gifts, but would love to if someone has the skills to help us set that up.
We will notify you as soon as we can again safely meet publicly. Though these are uncertain days, we have a faithful and sovereign God who is in control! Let’s be faithful to represent Him well through this crisis. If you have any needs, concerns, or questions, feel free to contact me or one of the elders. We want to be faithful in shepherding you the best we can. We love you and are praying for your physical and spiritual protection and growth during this time.